Introducing an exciting new collaboration between the Scrap Box and Brainmonkeys of Ann Arbor!
Test your building skills in this exciting new workshop and build a ball launcher and see how many points you can get!
Ages: 7+ • Length: 1.5 – 2 hours
Date: Saturday, March 18th
Junkyard Wars: The Weakest Link – March 25th – 10:30-12
Do you like to build? Do you think you can build the longest chain that will hold the most weight? Come and test your skills in this fun and challenging workshop.
Length: 1.5 hours
Date: Saturday, March 25th
Junkyard Wars: Mousetrap Cars – April 1 – 10:30-12
In this workshop, kids will explore and learn how to build their very own mousetrap powered car. Learn about design and physics while building a functional mousetrap powered car that you get to take home with you.
Ages: 9+ (under 9 can be accompanied by an adult)
Length: 1.5 hours
Date: Saturday, April 1st
The Scrap Box Adventure! cont’d!
Tell your friends, colleagues, peers, classmates and students we’re here in A2!
Easter Stuff is out: anticipating the spring!
We go through a lot of materials to keep our day-to-day operation running smoothly! If you have any extra, or want to drop some by! We’d be extremely grateful!
• Kleenex: cold season!
• Chlorox wipes: for keeping our counters and tables clean!
• Sharp scissors (or scissor sharpening): for projects!
• Giftcards to OfficeMax: for the office supplies we have to purchase!
• Money marker (to check bills): to check large bills!
• Heavy duty dolly wheels; to keep things rolling!
Available to rent at the non-profit rate of $50.00 / 3hrs. MATERIALS INCLUDED!
Get the full story at:
We continue looking for contributors to write about your projects, ideas, events, and interests!
We are soliciting ideas for articles on education, arts & crafts for our web outlets and social media. Subjects are not limited to, but might include:
• Happenings related to the Scrap Box.
• Artists who work with used materials.
• Interesting kids or adult projects.
• Educational articles consistent with the mission of the Scrap Box.
• Unusual uses of Scrap Box materials.
• Sister institutions: scrapPDX and others.
• Exhibitions, opportunities using scrap materials.
• Guest editorials.
• Field trip objectives for teachers.
If you know of, or are interested in becoming a contributor to our cause, please contact email@example.com
The Scrap Box
581 State Circle
Ann Arbor, MI 48108 tel: 734-994-0012
Open to the public for shopping:
Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri 10am to 5pm
Sat 10am to 2 pm
The Scrap Box is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to promote creativity and sustainability by providing inexpensive recycled materials and teaching eco-friendly ways to recycle.