Closings and Openings
The Scrap Box will be closed the entire week starting Mon., Dec. 23 through Fri., Dec. 27.
But we will be open Sat., Dec. 28.
We will be closed again Dec. 30, Dec. 31, and Jan. 1.
But we will be open for regular hours starting Jan. 2, 2014.
Several people expressed their delight when we were open the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully we’ll make some more people happy on Dec. 28 and Jan. 2.
The Christmas season is exceptionally exciting at The Box with a large expanded seasonal inventory. We have lots of raw materials for making ornaments and decorations, lots of neat items that would make great gifts, and lots of pre-made decorations ready to use – all at great prices.
Some of my favorites are:
• jars of beads in red, gold, green, and clear to string into garlands or necklaces.
• white plastic jar lid 2 ½ inches in diameter. If you remove the inside disc, the lid is opaque. You can find them in a barrel in the bulk room. Use our white double stickies or tacky glue to attach various doo-dads; add a ribbon around the edge with a loop for hanging. Permanent markers also work well on the lids.
• Also in the bulk room, look for our white foam discs, about 2 ½ inches in diameter. You can cut out a circle the same size from our white double sticky giving you a whole sticky surface to decorate. Or use tacky glue. Attach several discs onto a wide ribbon in a vertical row and spell out words like JOY.
• If you become a Scrap Box member you can use the die-cutter in the members’ room. We have a Christmas tree, bell, star, star-within-a-star, peace dove, snowman, gingerbread man, and a 5-inch ring. If you punch out your shapes from thin sticky back foam, you have an instant sticky surface to decorate (our transfer foil is fun to use for this).
• Don’t forget old Christmas cards as good sources for pictures. We also have a good supply of boxes of new cards. You can’t beat our prices – they are 5 to 10 cents a card.
Gift Certificates & Memberships
Are you looking for the perfect gift for that special teacher or crafty friend? You can purchase a Scrap Box gift card in any amount from $5.00 to $? Or you can buy a gift membership for a year for $25.00. It allows the member to get a dollar discount on all bags purchased in the bulk room and to use the members’ room with a die-cutter, paper cutter, book binding machine, and other handy tools.
To make things really easy, you can place a phone order for a certificate or membership and we’ll send the recipient the card in the mail. The number is 734-994-0012.
Please remember The Scrap Box in your year-end giving. We really need your support to guarantee our vitality and sustainability. If you send in your donation before Dec. 31, it will be matched by a generous anonymous donor. It’s a great chance to double the value of your contribution and to feel you have an important part in helping us out.
You can send your check to 581 State Circle; call us at 734-994-0012 to use your credit card; use the donate button on this page, or at scrapbox.org.
Our New Microsite
In the interests of permitting the public to see more of the range of materials the Scrap Box has on hand, we have created a new microsite with lots of pictures at:
Soliciting Project Pictures
Lend us your creativity, your expertise, pictures of your projects! We are always on the lookout for work to enrich our posts and online galleries. Share your projects with us by e-mailing a description and images to: